Next Meeting – August 13th 7:00 PM (No. 13)
Celebrate recovery is a Christ centered ministry (held in over 29,000 churches worldwide each week) to provide people with “hurts, hangups & habits” a safe place to discover the healing powers of Jesus Christ. The program is formed around the Beatitudes found in the book of Matthew in the Bible and practices a proven 12 step method to give you the tools to overcome struggles that life here on planet earth challenges all of us with. Church of the Springs hosts a Thursday evening gathering each week.
Limited to 20 People During COVID Regulations
Please take note of the following to determine if our meeting protocols meet your personal requirements for safety. You are the sole judge of the suitability of our COVID-19 protocols meeting your needs or not.
- The meetings will be held with the idea of conforming to the then in place church gathering guidelines from Hays County Texas or State.
- Until further notice meetings will be limited to 20 attendees to allow for proper “social distancing” space.
- “Social distancing” will be the sole responsibility of the attendees. Leadership will not enforce, but will provide ample space to accommodate the suggested 6′ rule.
- Masks should be worn at an individuals sole discretion by anyone who feels the space / protocols provided for are not adequate for them.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned before and after the meeting using usual and customary sanitation methods for places of gathering such as churches.
- No child care will be provided for.
- We will provide common hand sanitizer at the outside door which can be used by guests at their discretion upon entering and leaving.
- You need to have achieved no special station in life or level of perfection other than being a human being of at least 18 years of age 🙂
- CR is a self-led “steps program” that you do on your own time AND attendance at weekly meetings. The weekly meetings consist of large group gatherings where there is a teaching, worship music and prayer for our gathering and attendees. After about a 45-60 minute large group meeting, a women’s and men’s small group “breakout” meeting is held where you can openly share thoughts that you might be having. Leadership attends and leads these meetings. Small groups end at 8:30 PM.
- During May & June small group meeting topics will be limited to “A to Z” which means they will be general in nature. More specific topics such as chemical dependence, co-dependency issues, alcohol recovery, Military Welcome Home issues, etc will be considered by leadership and launched after June.
- You certainly do not need to be Christian and (as stated in item 1) need to have reached no special place of perfection 🙂 to attend a CR meeting. But we ask you to understand and to be open to the idea that CR is Christ based ministry that believes in the healing powers of Jesus Christ. You should have the expectation to learn more about that over time and after attending a multitude of meetings.
- New attendees will be provided at no charge the “Step 1” book. If you keep attending, you would be expected/encouraged to work through the steps study and purchase additional books at your expense. They are only about $6 each and scholarship provision of materials is available if you cannot afford them.
- We will collect donations during the large group meeting that will be placed in a designated fund of the church for the purpose of funding the ministry. You are under no obligation to give.